Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Digg Blog Post

When interacting on the website Digg.com I would look at the recently posted links and either contribute to the up- voting or down -voting of the links that people put up. I noticed that certain themes and other types of links would get the most comments. They were not necessarily the best, most interesting links; they could have been silly, miscellaneous links that did not seem to have any true value. Those types of links seemed to have a lot of comments. However, I also noticed that some of the links that are political or have to do with politics would attract a lot of attention as well. The comments left on these posts would range from a highly educated person who you could tell researched the facts about the link and added an informative comment to the link. However, there were also the posts from the people who would take the link as a personal attack towards their political views and would then write a personal attacking comment back on the link. I never really found a story that grabbed my attention. I would browse for a while and look in the entertainment section to see if I found something that appealed to what I would like to read about, and sometimes I did see something that I wanted to read but mostly I would see links such as the "top 25 best scenes from a movie" and while those are fun to read they can only hold their appeal for so long. I also noticed that links that had a certain city or banning of an item would also get a lot of comments. I think that people wanted to voice their opinions if they were from that area or if the ban or stopping of something would affect them. The commenter’s wanted their opinions to be heard and they figured the best way to do it would be to comment on a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment